
I'm going to have to do the Disney blogging completely out of order. There's so much and I only get 10-15 minute spurts to look through the photos, save them correctly, upload and write something. So, I decided to start and the end, really.
On the last 'park' day of our trip, my little family, kind of went out on our own and did Magic Kingdom again. They opened early and we took advantage of it. After entering the park and having a near meltdown (in a cute/happy way, not in a bratty way) over Pluto and Daisy Duck, we ventured back into Fantasy Land. We rode Peter Pan ("No Like It") and the Carousel (LOVED it!). We had to do It's a Small World again (which she sings all the way through)...this time she sat on Paul's lap and they talked about all the different things she saw. She loved the 'ippo', the Hippo. We did the PhilHarmgic thing and she really enjoyed it, but again, she wouldn't wear the 3D glasses. She broke the glasses, actually. We took her to the Haunted House, which they have totally redone and I thought it was WAY scarier than it used to be. Miriam was totally cool. We kept making a big deal about how the ghosts were so funny and so silly. She played along and if she was scared, we didn't know.
I was determined to get her to see the princesses. I didn't read until the night before our last park day that at the Toon Town there was a special 'Princesses' attraction, where they had several princess characters available for photo ops. So, we walked in and I saw that the wait was NINETY MINUTES. Well, we didn't wait more than 15 minutes for anything the whole time we were there. We were going to leave. But, then I looked closer and the wait was to meet the new Disney Fairies, Tinkerbell and all her buds. Regular ole Disney Princesses...you could walk right in!!! So we waited our turn when we went into the little room with Cinderella, then Belle, then Aurora (Sleeping Beauty for you princess beginners). Miriam was ready to climb under the rope to get to them. But, as we got closer, she clammed up. It was kind of funny to watch her cower into my shoulder. Cinderella was so kind. So excited that Miriam had "a portrait" of her on her dress. They totally stayed in character. I told Cinderella that we read her story every night and practiced Magic using the Fairy Godmother's words. She was impressed, but Miriam was scared. I tried to get out of the pictures, but it wasn't happening. We moved on over to Belle and I told her how we sang her songs and had a life-size doll of her in Miriam's room. She was sweet and asked Miriam to sit on her stool with her. We sat down, but Miriam just kept saying, "Bye Belle, Bye-Bye".

We went over to Aurora, who was my favorite. She was great. REALLY tried to make Miriam feel comfortable, but as you can see, it didn't work. She told Miriam about her crown and necklace that her Prince Philip had gotten for her and that she had THREE fairy godmothers that took great care of her. She was awesome, Miriam wasn't. We left. It really was a total blast and Miriam loves watching the video. I just wish I could have met Mary Poppins. Then it would have been a total princess day...for me :)
No comments:
Post a Comment