

For her second Halloween Miriam, Miriam went as a Bumblebee!!! See picture above for year 1, as my little chicken. Funny to see how much she has grown!
Again, Paul's mom, or Bebe, made Miriam's awesome Bee costume. She was the sassiest bee ever with bows on her antennae and everything! The costume is in honor of my Paw-Paw in a way. Some of you may know that my whole Larsen family has an affection toward bees. After my Paw-Paw passed several family members had bee 'encounters' at poignant times in their lives and really felt his presence. All of us 'talk' to bees as if my Paw-Paw is listening. Now we all have bee things...bee flower pots, bee stationary, bee candle holders, bee Christmas ornaments. It's become our family symbol, in a way.
Well, sweet Miss Barbara, took our love for bees and turned Miriam into the cutest bee ever! Miriam wasn't a fan of it at first. We had to FIGHT to get it on her several months ago to make sure it fit correctly. Paul and I were both nervous that she wouldn't wear it...we knew how hard Miss Barbara worked on it and didn't want her efforts to go to waste. We put the 'hat' part of the costume on her giant Belle doll and said goodnight to it every night. Paul or I would occasionally put it on and talk about how cool we looked in it! Finally about 2 weeks before Halloween we tried putting the full costume on her again and she was ALL OVER IT! She had a blast on Halloween. We flew in that day from Disney and we were nervous how she would be coming off the big trip, but she did fine. Our sweet friends, the Claypoole's, invited us to their neighborhood to trick or treat. I didn't know what I was doing...I've never trick or treated before, that I can remember. Last year, Paul took Miriam b/c I hurt my ankle. Anyway, it was fun for all of us!!! Paul set her up in the wagon with every possible glowing thing. She did great. Walked up to the doors and said "Tick or Treat". She even tried to go inside a few houses.
.
Toward the end she was all about the candy, even asked the people as they handed it to her, "Open, please." We let her have about 3 pieces that night. She's still to little for the Halloween-night-candy-free-for-all. Maybe next year?
No comments:
Post a Comment