
Many apologies...I really don't know why I'm so behind. I think b/c I didn't have pictures uploaded, maybe? I like to blog with pictures. The one above is the most still she has been for a picture since she started to run...so sweet, on our most recent getaway to Destin. Much more on that later. Best family trip EVER.
Quick update on Miriam. She continues to amaze me and crack me up. She is full on talking now, repeats everything...you can have true conversations with her. You can ask her what she did at school and she responds with all the daily tasks, usually beginning with what is most important to her, "Eat my lunch", and then she will usually tell you what she had, tell you about the "paygound" and who got in trouble, names everybody in her class in kind of a RainMan chant. It's precious.
Speaking of school...Miriam goes to a Mother's Morning Out now on Monday and Wednesdays from 9:00 to 1:00. I only signed her up for Prince of Peace's program (our church) and she was fourth on the waiting list. I secretly was glad. I don't/didn't want her away from me that much. I figured if God wanted me to have a break, a spot would open. And two days before school started, I got a call advising of the opening. She was slightly hesitant on the first day, but was ready to lug her grownup lunchbox into school.

I cried for about 45 minutes. It was rough. But, now she loves it and I really do, too. I love that she gets the chance to PLAY SO HARD. You know when she is with me, it's a quiz show all the time with flashcards and constant questions to stimulate. I'm not one for playing outside. She needs it. She loves the playground and the teachers.
We tried a gymnastics class, but that really didn't work out. Miriam has no concept of sitting still when there are million cool things to play with...I get it. She might be tall for age and be able to speak well, but at the time barely 1 1/2. It was pretty lame to be honest with you. I was bored and wanted to play on the slides, too. I'm currently trying to get our money back.
We go to this super fun Mother Goose story time at the local library on Tuesdays. It's really interactive and has brought out this whole side of Miriam I didn't know. She likes to PERFORM. The way the set up is sort of a semi-circle with the teacher in the front and the center is clear. She thinks it is her dance floor and spins and twirls and sings songs and counts and cheers. She has no concept that the other moms and kids are there for Mother Goose and not her. It's precious. It is also her 'currency' as Dr. Phil would say. I can threaten that we won't go and get instant good behavior. (The storytime is free, so I really will follow through). Her other currency right now is Marshmallows. It's hysterical how quickly she will snap back into good behavior if I suggest a marshmallow as a reward. Ask Momma, she's seen it!
Paul and I are good, too. Paul continues to work hard for us. He came up with the coolest idea at work. The Regions/SEC Yards for Trees program. At a particular game each week, Regions will plant a tree for each yard gained by both teams. Who knew Paul could be green. He's even getting into recycling with me!
I've been really focused on getting healthier. I've lost 15 pounds in 6 1/2 weeks and did it without the help of a Mexican pharmacist and some really shady diet pill. I'm really proud. I get to the gym at least 3 times a week. I can run a half mile straight, which is HUGE for me. I've never been a runner...I can walk all day long, but running is tough for me. I'm more concentrated on eating healthier and smarter. I'm trying to change bad habits and be an example to my little family. It's working. All of us are eating less junk and focusing on things that will make our bodies live longer. It's exciting. I still have 18 pounds more to lose until I will be at my goal, but I'm not going to give up this time. It's in writing now for the whole blogosphere to read. I can't quit!
I'm glad you posted that about the gym class! I've been thinking about doind that w/ British, but I think I'll wait a little while longer!
ReplyDeleteOh, Thank God- if I had read "My Kind of Town" one more time.... ;o)
ReplyDelete