Thought I would document what I sent to my dad and Bebe about how to care for Miriam at 3 1/2. She's going to have the best time while we are gone. 9 nights without us...9 nights without her. Longest stint of time ever and I all ready miss her.
Sleep: She’s been napping this summer more than usual. It will depend on what she has done in the morning and what you have planned in the evening. If she’s been swimming or playing really hard, I would try to put her down around 1:00. If she’s not asleep within an hour, let her out. If she naps, it’s usually for 2 ½ - 3 hours (awesome). Same as always, don’t wake her up, even if it’s 6:00…she’ll still go back down at a reasonable hour. If no nap happens, try to get her in the bed by 7:30, 8:00 at the LATEST. She’s a pill when she’s running on little sleep (I have NO idea where that comes from ;) ) She will need to wear a pull-up for both nap and bedtime.
Food: She’s not picky about preparation…don’t have to cut crusts or anything like that. She still eats pretty much anything…except Broccoli & zucchini.
Breakfast – PB toast, pancakes, waffles, eggs, cereal (not sugary), etc. Along with some kind of fruit. She likes everything, strawberries, blueberries, apples, bananas, oranges, peaches etc. I normally give only fresh fruit, nothing packed in juices.
Lunch – Her favorite and normal lunch is Turkey sandwich on Wheat bread with mayo. She pretty much eats that every day. I’ll add a carb with it: pretzels, wheat thins, goldfish, cheese-its, etc. and I always include a fruit or veggie with it: carrot or celery sticks. She loves Ranch “White Dip” and I’m fine with her having a small amount to dip.
Dinner – Anything you eat. She loves any form of meat, loves pasta, likes green beans, peas, corn, salad, etc…again, just don’t try broccoli or zucchini
Snacks – raisins, grapes, celery with PB, pretzels, etc.
She will eat ALL day, if you let her. She’s a machine. You’ll have to cut her off at some point. She’s used to it, so don’t feel bad.
TV: She can watch anything on Sprout or Nick Jr. or your local PBS channel in the morning. I don’t let her watch Spongebob or Phineas & Ferb…any of the bigger kid cartoons. She imitates TOO much and will copy the sass in those shows very quickly. She’s sassy enough on her own, so I try not to add to it with the shows.
Discipline: She can be VERY mouthy/sassy and is having a really hard time doing what we say/following commands. I want to think it’s just a normal 3 yr old, but it’s bad. You’ll see. We have stopped spanking…has NO effect on her and makes us both feel guilty. What works better than anything is a consistent time out or taking away something she likes: TV, pillow pet, lovey, playtime, etc. Don’t give her too many chances, if you know what I mean. One warning to change or correct the bad behavior and then the punishment. We apologize in advance for her behavior…she’s very ‘only child’ and we are working on it!
Potty: Don’t mean to be graphic, but she still has “Tee-Tee” accidents. A few a week, but it’s not ‘down her leg’ ever…just a little until she stops herself and can make it to the potty. She gets so into playing, that she forgets, so reminders are good. She NEVER has #2 accidents. She needs to wear a pull-up to nap and bed time. Only thing we ask is that you get her back into panties AS SOON as she gets up. If she goes in the pull-ups while she is awake it just prolongs the eventual hope of NO pull-ups.
No comments:
Post a Comment